Why do I need my chimney cleaned?
Creosote, a highly combustable material, builds up in all fire places and can cause chimney fires.
Are you looking for the right Sweep Technician who is experienced, certified and trained to thoroughly inspect every detail of your chimney / fireplace system for peace of mind & safety for your family and home?
We can help!
FACTS: BACKGROUND INFORMATION-CHIMNEY SWEEPING
Annual chimney inspection / cleaning is recommended by NFIA (National Fireplace Institute Of America). Cracks / defects can occur at any time due to settling, unknown chimney fires (common), etc. For a safe chimney, these defects need to be uncovered & repaired.
Creosote, a dangerous combustible buildup (regardless of firewood quality or type) must be removed annually to minimize risk of hostile chimney fires.
An experienced CSIA,NCSG or CCP Technician using a video inspection camera. Photos are taken of defects.
✔ WHEN SHOULD I SCHEDULE:
Fall is the busy season for chimney sweeping. Spring, Summer, and Winter are preferred and discounts are available other than in Fall.
✔ GAS FIREPLACE?:
Yes, annual inspections are recommended to clean out soot and inspect for interior cracks & outside chimney damage (above the roof line).
FACTS: WHY PICK HANSEN & SONS SWEEP TECHNICIANS
✔ WHAT WE INSPECT:
A detailed roof top inspection with a full set of photos. Also, the entire lower firebox, damper, smoke chamber and all basement piping / lower chimney structures & foundation are inspected. Photos are taken of defects.
We use a high speed rotary brush to aggressively remove creosote-not the old fashion “push-pull brush” on all traditional masonry chimneys.
Appointment Tips for Safety & Efficiency
Spring and summer are the best times for non-emergency chimney repair and preventive maintenance.
As a courtesy, we call and confirm all appointments by phone and / or email about a week prior to your appointment.
Before Your Appointment:
48 hours before your appointment, remember to:
- Stop using your fireplace, stove or insert. For safety reasons, we need to work with an appliance that is completely cool inside and out.
The Day of Your Appointment – Remember to:
- Remove all items within 5 - 6 ft of your fireplace. Our sweeps will need this space to be able to set up their equipment and get floor protections in place as needed. Please be sure to clear your mantel and hearth as well. (i.e. Photo frames, Area rugs and loose deco items.)
- Be sure to talk with your technician if you are experiencing any back drafting issues.
- If you are unsure how to build a proper fire, let your technician know and they can show you.
- Please be sure to keep your pets in a secured location where they will not come into direct contact with our technician for their safety
NOTE! It is not recommended to use any of the following inside your fireplace:
-Wet wood -Plastic
-Christmas trees -Cardboard
-Treated wood -Driftwood
-Colored print -Dryer lint
-Particle board -Garbage
-plywood -Starters or accelerants